Monday, February 21, 2011

Sea Level Rise Affecting Abiotic Features

The monastery in Benedikt Werningshausen

I recently had the diversity of spiritual life in Thuringia and would like to mention here ( to current events ) imagine another community:

The Priory St. Wigberti in Werningshausen / door. is a small ecumenical Benedictine Brotherhood orientation. The Brotherhood itself exists since 1967, a fixed place (the church in Werningshausen with the in-house work and dismantled monastery) they have since 1987. It is of a Protestant church approved (after a long struggle, had the Rogate Monastery in Berlin, as they say on their blog, problems) but had just lately difficulties to another time.
I visited in 1999 as part of a weekend retreat, the monastery and I felt pretty comfortable there. What I had from this visit in any case, remember, was the saying of the Priors:
"Pray and work, that's the motto of the Benedictines, we speak here in Thuringia and quickly pull together a lot of things, is what we call the also: arbete, arbete, arbete ... "
We thought our seminarians: "They are more Catholic than we ..."




0 comments:

Post a Comment